Stainless Steel Hydraulic Fittings
High pressure hydraulic tube and pipe fittings made from Type 316 Stainless
Steel for maximum corrosion resistance. Stainless steel is recommended for
marine applications, chemical processing and other harsh operating
- National Pipe Tapered Fuel (NPTF) is widely used in hydraulic applications.
The thread is tapered and the seal takes place by deformation of the
- The National Pipe Straight Mechnical (NPSM) female fitting has a straight
thread and an inverted 30° seat. The male fitting has a parallel thread and a
30° internal chamfer. A NPSM female swivel fitting will mate with a properly
chamfered NPTF male.
- SAE 37° flare (JIC) hydraulic fitting is the most common hydraulic hose
connection in use today. Both the male and female fittings have 37° seat. Also
commonly used with flared hydraulic tubing.
- Recommended by the NFPA for optimal leakage control in medium and high
pressure hydraulic systems. The male fitting has a straight thread and O-ring
that sits behind the thread.
- Flareless Compression fittings connect most types of metal hydraulic tubing
without needing to flare the tube ends. This makes them ideal for heavy wall
tubing and for repair situations when flaring tools are not available.
- The BSP connection is similar to National Pipe Straight Mechanical (NPSM),
except the the thread pitches are different in most sizes. The BSP female
swivel has a tapered nose/Globeseal flareless swivel which seals on the cone
seat of the male.